Methods to Fix Hulu Error Code 94
One of the common errors, Hulu error 94 occurs when you open the application. It is also a loading error code that people typically encounter on their devices. Xbox One, Firestick, Fire TV, LG TV, and PS4, all these devices can get error code 94.
If you too are troubled by not being able to stream shows due to error 94, it’s time to relax. In this post, we will help you find out how to eliminate it on your device.
What Is Error 94 on Hulu
The error code 94 always points to a connection issue. Possibly, the internet connection of your device is weak. At other times, it indicates that your device and the Hulu application are incompatible.
Users of different devices, such as smart TVs, Xbox, PS4, and the like find it a loading error. It implies that you cannot launch the Hulu app and stream shows.
Major Reasons for the Hulu Error 94
The following factors often lead to error code 94 on the Hulu application.
- Configurations cached by your device are corrupt which is increasing the loading time.
- The internet connection is not stable.
- An outdated application is affecting the streaming process.
- The streaming device has outdated software.
- The VPN is leading to compatibility issues between your internet service providers and the servers.
- The firewall is preventing outgoing connections made by the app.
How to Fix Hulu Error Code 94
These fixes will help you troubleshoot error code 94 on Hulu so you can stream shows uninterruptedly.
1. Restart the Hulu application
Are you facing Hulu error 94 Firestick? Luckily, you have an easy method at your disposal to resolve it.
- Launch ‘Settings’ and go to ‘Applications.’
- Now, choose ‘Manage installed applications’ followed by ‘Hulu.’
- Next, choose the ‘Force Stop’ option.
- After that, restart the app and see if the error persists.
2. Start your browser again
This is for Mac and Windows users who access Hulu on a web browser.
- Right-tap on the Taskbar and then choose the ‘Task Manager option.
- Head to the ‘Processes’ tab and choose a process belonging to your web browser.
- Tap ‘End task.’
- If there is more than a single active process linked to your browser, close all of them.
- Close the window and restart the browser.
- Access Hulu and see if you can stream.
- Go to the browser window on your Mac.
- Access the Apple menu and choose the ‘Force Quit’ option.
- Alternatively, you can hit ‘Option + Command + Esc’ and pick a browser from the list.
- Now, tap ‘Force Quit.’
- Finally, restart your browser and use Hulu.
3. Eliminate the Hulu app cache
As mentioned before, the excessive cache can result in error code 94. So, clearing it on different devices is the best solution. Here’s how you can troubleshoot Hulu error 94 on LG TV and on other devices by clearing the cache.
- Go to the Home screen and from there to ‘System Settings.’
- Choose ‘Application Manager.’
- You will see the installed apps.
- Choose the Hulu app and click ‘Clear Cache.’
- Pick the ‘My Games and Apps’ option.
- Choose ‘Apps’ followed by ‘Hulu.’
- Select ‘Menu’ followed by ‘More Options.’
- Select ‘Manage App.’
- Now, clear the saved data.
Samsung Android TV
- Head to ‘Settings’ and then to ‘Applications.’
- Choose ‘Hulu’ and tap ‘Clear Cache.’
- Now, tap ‘Clear Data.’
- On your PS4 device, navigate to ‘Settings.’
- Select ‘Storage’ followed by ‘System Storage.’
- Choose ‘Saved Data.’
- Now, select ‘Hulu’ followed by ‘Options’ and then ‘Delete.’
4. Reactivate the device
Reactivating the device is a simple way to kickstart the streaming process. You need to deactivate your device and then activate it again.
- Go to the official Hulu website.
- Tap the ‘Login’ option to input your details.
- Choose ‘Account’ and under it, tap ‘Manage Devices.’
- Hit ‘Remove’ to deactivate the device.
- Now, use the code during login to reactivate it.
5. Update your Hulu application
To avoid Hulu error 94 on Xbox One and on any other streaming device, you must keep the app updated.
- Connect your Xbox to the internet.
- Now go to ‘Settings’ and choose ‘All settings.’
- After that, select ‘System’ followed by ‘Updates.’
- Finally, choose ‘Update Console.’
- If you don’t find any update available, it means your console is updated.
- Go to the Play Store and click on your Google Account.
- Now move to ‘My Apps & Games.’
- Tap ‘Updates,’ find your Hulu app, and click ‘Update.’
- In the App Store, go to ‘Updates.’Find your Hulu app and click ‘Update.’
- If you view the ‘Open’ button on the Hulu app, you have the updated version.
6. Update the graphics and network drivers
Obsolete graphics and network drivers can lead to various issues on the Hulu platform. So, update them on your Windows 10 system as follows.
- Head to the ‘Device Manager’ section.
- Open ‘Network Adaptors.’
- Right-click on your network device and select ‘Update Driver.’
- Tap ‘Search automatically for updated driver software.’
- Use these steps again for the drivers in the ‘Display Adaptors’ group.
- Reboot your system and launch Hulu.
7. Reinstall the Hulu application
Reinstalling the Hulu application on various devices, such as Firestick, Xbox, and smart TV is a great way to eliminate error 94. Remove the app entirely and then install it again from the application store on your streaming device.
8. Disable the firewall
Firewalls can cause various error codes, such as 94 on Hulu. So, temporarily disable it on your system.
- Tap the ‘Start’ button as your PC administrator.
- Input ‘Check firewall status.’
- Hit Enter.
- Now, tap ‘Turn Windows Defender On/Off.’
- Choose ‘Turn off Windows Defender Firewall’ for both public and private network settings.
- Hit ‘OK.’
- In the Apple menu, head to ‘System Preferences.’
- Hit ‘Security.’
- Navigate to the ‘Firewall’ section.
- Tap ‘Turn off firewall.’
- Now, use Hulu.
You don’t need to worry about being unable to stream shows on Hulu due to error 94. These simple measures will troubleshoot the glitch that’s increasing the loading time of the application.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I fix error 94 on the Hulu app on my Samsung TV?
Update the Samsung TV software to stop facing this error. After updating, you will be able to stream content on Hulu. To check updates manually, choose the ‘Menu’ button and go to ‘Support.’
Why am I getting a connection error with Hulu?
You may encounter connection errors with Hulu if multiple devices are using the same Wi-Fi. They reduce the internet speeds for streaming Hulu. So, connect your device directly to the router through an Ethernet cable.
Why isn’t Hulu working on my Roku?
If Hulu isn’t working on your Roku, remove the app and restart your Roku. Now, install Roku and try streaming again. Besides, you must also check whether your Roku device model is compatible with Hulu.
Why Hulu isn’t working on my smart TV?
Hulu may not work on your smart TV because of a compatibility issue. Only certain smart television models, such as Samsung smart television, Vizio SmatCasts, LG TV, and fourth-generation Apple and Android TVs are compatible.
How do I reinstall Hulu on my smart TV?
You can reinstall Hulu on your smart TV, such as Fire TV by going to ‘Settings.’ Under ‘Application’, choose to uninstall Hulu. Now, re-download it by going to Search and entering Hulu.