How to Delete A Netflix Profile? Detailed Guide
Netflix profiles make way for a personalized streaming experience. A single account allows for five profiles. However, if you don’t want to see a specific profile or it feels unwanted, it’s best to remove it. Now, you may ask how to delete a Netflix profile.
To do so, head to the Manage Profiles page from the Netflix website. Choose the profile you want to eliminate and hit Delete Profile.
You can delete a Netflix profile on a TV, browser, mobile, or any media player. Keep reading to understand the exact instructions.
How To Delete A Netflix Profile On iPhone?
Follow all these steps to learn how to delete a Netflix profile on mobile devices such as iPhones.
- Launch the Netflix app.
- In the lower-right area of the screen, tap the More button.
- Just below the profile list, select Manage Profiles.
- Press the desired profile to be deleted.
- Directly beneath the For Kids on/off slider, tap the Delete button.
If you wish to get rid of a Netflix profile on an iPad, use these steps.
- On the Netflix app
- Press the three horizontal lines at the top-left.
- Select the profile at the top of this menu and navigate to the Who’s Watching screen
- Hit the Edit button in the top-right.
- Select the profile that needs to be removed or deleted.
- Now, hit the Delete button at the right part of the For Kids on/off slider.
How To Delete A Netflix Profile On Android?
The Netflix app on your Android phone makes the process of deleting a profile easy. Follow these steps.
- Press the profile icon on your Netflix app.
- Tap Manage profiles.
- Find the profile you want to delete.
- Tap Delete profile and confirm it.
Do you wish to eliminate a Netflix profile on your smart TV like Roku or Apple TV? Use this process.
- Open Netflix on your television, then select Profiles.
- Go to the Manage Profiles screen.
- Enter Profiles, and then select the profile you wish to remove.
- Locate and pick the pencil icon that is located directly below the profile. By doing this, you can change the profile.
- At the bottom of these settings, select the Delete Profile option.
On a PC, use your browser to delete a profile on Netflix. Here are the steps to follow on both Windows and Mac:
- Open the Netflix website and sign in.
- Tap the Manage Profiles button below Who’s Watching.
- Click the specific file to delete on the Manage Profiles section.
- Next, tap Delete profile.
Deleting the primary Netflix profile is not possible using the steps mentioned above. This is because you need to cancel your entire Netflix subscription to delete a primary profile. It cannot be done just by going to Manage profiles and deleting a specific profile. The primary profile is permanent and goes away completely only when you eliminate your subscription to this streaming service.
To delete your Netflix account, you must end your membership. Follow these pointers to get rid of your Netflix account quickly.
- Navigate to the Netflix homepage.
- Next, tap your account at the top right corner of the screen.
- Go to your account.
- After that, tap Cancel membership.
- A confirmation screen will appear.
- Tap the Finish cancellation button.
- Your Netflix account membership has now ended.
- Now, in 10 months, you entire Netflix account will be permanently deleted.
- If you don’t want to wait for 10 months, contact the Netflix support team.
- Go to the Netflix Help Center and tap the button to start a live chat.
- Type ‘I want to delete my Netflix account’ on the chat screen.
- Hit the submit button.
- The support agents will guide you through the entire process of deleting your Netflix account immediately.
- That’s all there is to delete your Netflix account.
Deleting a Netflix profile on various devices is simple. You only need to go to the Manage Profiles screen and choose the profile you don’t want anymore. After that, just delete it. This process can be done on different platforms with a few steps. But if you feel confused or encounter an error, feel free to dial the Netflix customer service number.
Frequently Asked Questions
Choose Sign Out on the login for anyone whom you want to kick off. Netflix will remove that person’s access. Signing out of a session will stop their device from accessing your account.
Go to the netflix.com/manageextramembers screen and choose the option to remove a recipient. Confirm that you want to remove that person from your account.
To reset a Netflix account, you need to deactivate and reactivate your devices on a computer. In addition, it’s possible to reset a Netflix account on a mobile device. Do so by deleting and then reinstalling the app.
If you want to delete a Netflix profile or account on your TV, choose your profile on the Netflix application. Press the left arrow on your remote and go to the profile you want to delete. After that delete that profile on your TV.