How to Cancel HBO Max on Different Devices Quickly
HBO Max is a popular streaming service entertaining in the form of movies, TV shows, and documentaries. Although the entertainment it offers is unparalleled, its subscription cost isn’t exactly nominal. So, many users think of canceling the subscription and switching over to another service. If you are also wondering how to cancel HBO Max, this article will give you detailed instructions on how to do so through various platforms.
Read the process to cancel the subscription on the mobile app, website, through Roku, with your cable provider, and through Hulu.
The process to Cancel HBO Max Subscription on Your Smartphone
It is easy to cancel your subscription via your mobile. Irrespective of your device’s operating system, you can quickly end your subscription.
- Take your Android or iPhone and access the HBO Max app.
- Sign into your account and click the ‘Profile’ icon. This icon is present at the bottom-right of the home screen.
- After that, click the gear-shaped settings icon. You can find it in the upper-left portion.
- In the subsequent screen, click ‘Billing Information.’
- If you view the ‘Manage Subscription’ option, click it.
- Now, from the next screen, click ‘Cancel Subscription.’
- However, if you view the ‘Learn More’ option, click that.
- You will find all HBO Max service providers.
- Locate your provider and adhere to the points you see on the screen to cancel the subscription.
How to Cancel HBO Max on Roku
If you’ve bought the HBO Max subscription through Roku, cancel the premium on the device. Apart from the device, you can also cancel the subscription on the website.
- To cancel the subscription on the Roku device, turn on the Roku.
- Hit the ‘Home’ button on your remote.
- Head to the HBO Max app on Roku.
- Press the star button on the remote.
- Choose the ‘Manage Subscription’ option.
- Hit the ‘Cancel subscription’ option to commence the cancellation process.
- Hit the ‘Cancel subscription’ option and tap ‘Done.’
Cancel HBO Max on the Roku website
- Launch a browser on your system.
- Navigate to the official Roku website.
- Tap ‘Sign in.’
- Give your Roku account details.
- Head to ‘Manage account.’
- Here, tap ‘Manage your subscriptions.’
- Locate your HBO Max subscription from the list of available ones.
- Click ‘Unsubscribe.
- Now, tap ‘Done.’
Steps to Cancel Your HBO Max Subscription Via Hulu
Canceling the subscription through Hulu is slightly different. Use these steps to learn how to cancel your HBO Max subscription via Hulu.
- Navigate to the Hulu website and sign into your account.
- Tap ‘Manage plan’ below your subscription section.
- Find HBO Max.
- Now, move the check to an X.
- After that, tap ‘Review changes.’
- That’s it. You have successfully canceled your subscription.
The Process to Cancel HBO Max Subscription Via the Official Website
This is one of the most common methods to cancel a subscription. Here’s how to use your laptop, PC, or even your phone and cancel your subscription through the site.
- Access the official HBO Max website.
- Once there, sign into your account.
- After signing in, tap your name from the screen’s top-right part.
- In the menu, choose the ‘Subscription’ option.
- Now, hit the ‘Manage Subscription’ button on the screen’s left portion.
- In the new window, tap ‘Cancel Subscription.’ This option is present on the right side of the window.
- Choose a reason to cancel your subscription.
- Finally, tap ‘Yes, cancel the subscription.’
- Now, review the confirmation page with the subscription’s expiration date.
NOTE – Remember to cancel your subscription before the billing date if you don’t want to be billed. It is best to cancel your subscription one to two days prior to the billing date.
How to Cancel HBO Max via the Cable Provider
You can also cancel HBO Max through the cable provider. The steps to do so are as follows.
- Firstly, sign into the HBO Max website.
- After that, tap on your account name.
- It is there in the upper-right part.
- Now, click ‘Subscription.’
- Check the name of your subscription provider.
- Now, you have two options.
- The first is to call the subscription provider.
- The second is to go to the website, log in, and cancel the HBO Max account.
- Have you linked your HBO Max account to a subscription you pay via a cable or a satellite provider? In such a case, canceling HBO Max isn’t possible without canceling HBO.
Cancel Your HBO Max Subscription as an Amazon Prime Member
HBO Max subscription is available for Amazon Prime members. This subscription is available as an add-on, and you can easily manage it from your dashboard.
Here’s how to cancel HBO Max on Amazon Prime.
- Access your Amazon account.
- Now, move to the ‘Your Account’ section.
- From here, tap ‘Prime video channels.’
- It is presented below ‘Memberships and subscriptions.’
- Go down in this section.
- Tap the ‘Cancel channel’ option. It is present beside the channel you want to cancel.
- Confirm your action when the necessary prompt appears.
NOTE – When you cancel your HBO Max subscription on Amazon Prime, it doesn’t cancel your Prime membership. However, if you cancel your Prime service on Amazon, all your premium channel subscriptions, such as HBO Max, will get canceled.
Can You Cancel Your HBO Max Subscription Anytime?
Canceling an HBO Max subscription is possible at any time. You can do so through your mobile app or the website. Depending on the setup of your HBO Max subscription, you might have to sign into another service to finish the cancellation process. As the subscription auto-renews itself, try canceling it one to two days before the subsequent billing cycle begins.
Canceling the HBO Max subscription isn’t a complex process. The instructions are straightforward for every platform. So it is easy to accomplish the process. If you need more help, contact a digitechassist expert.