Quick and Easy Fixes for the Amazon Prime Error Code 9345
Amazon Prime offers abundant movies and TV shows to subscribers. However, sometimes errors can strike the service, dampening your plans to watch a great show. The Amazon Prime error code 9345 is one such error that occurs while you are streaming.
The error can creep onto any platform due to connectivity issues. The problem is also linked to a glitch with the platform’s streaming method. But there’s no need to feel disheartened upon seeing this error code.
No matter which device you use to stream, we will help you fix it. Keep reading this article to find out the different causes and effective resolutions.
Reasons for Amazon Prime Error Code 9345
Before implementing the resolutions, you must know the potential culprits for this problem. Learning these reasons will help you understand what is error code 9345 on Amazon Prime so you can fix it.
- An issue with the Amazon Web Services or AWS – If AWS infrastructure is down, you are bound to witness the 9345 error.
- You are on a restricted plan – Your internet plan does not have the bandwidth to stream content from Amazon Prime.
- A glitch with the payment plan – The error is often because of failed payment. So, it is essential to check whether your payment data is correct on your Amazon Prime account.
- Poorly cached network data – Windows and Mac systems may display the 9345 error code because of network inconsistency. This is because of excessive corrupt or damaged cache.
- Corrupt data stored in the streaming device.
Troubleshooting for the Amazon Prime Error Code 9345
Now that you have a good understanding of the error, it’s time to begin fixing it.
1. Examine the payment information.
Checking the payment information is crucial as the error occurs due to a failed payment. Use the following steps to check if your account information is incorrect or not.
- Sign into your Amazon Prime account.
- Here choose ‘Payment Options.’
- Examine the details you have uploaded.
- Modify the details if you find them incorrect.
- Add a different payment method if you find that your debit or credit cards have expired.
2. Find the server status of Amazon Prime.
The Amazon Prime error code 9345 can also arise if its servers are down. So, if your payment information is correct, it is wise to check the Amazon Prime status.
It is easy to find the server status. Just go online and type ‘Amazon Prime status.’ You will find several websites reporting the current status.
If there are server issues, you must wait until the support team resolves them. You cannot fix server-related issues by yourself.
3. Fix a bad internet connection
Poor internet connection is one of the leading causes of error code 9345. Here are some steps to take to fix connectivity issues.
- Turn off your device.
- Disconnect its modem and router.
- Plug back the modem and router after a minute.
- When the modem starts, put back the router.
- Switch on the device.
- Open your Amazon Prime application.
Amazon Prime requires 900 KBPS to stream content on Android and iOS devices and Windows and Mac PCs. But if you use a Chromecast or Roku, you need 3.5 MBPS. Connect with your internet service provider and find out if their plan has enough bandwidth.
4. Perform a power cycle of your streaming system
In the section on what is error code 9345 on Amazon Prime, you learned that it occurs due to corrupt data. This data is stored on the streaming device.
So, performing a power cycle on your device can fix the issue.
- Unplug Roku from its wall outlet.
- Wait for 10 seconds and plug it back.
- Now, hit any button on the device’s remote.
- Let the device stay as it is for a few minutes.
- Now, try streaming Amazon prime content and see if you still face the error.
- Take out the device from its power source by unplugging it from its wall outlet.
- Let it stay how it is for about a minute.
- Now, plug your Smart TV back in and start streaming content from Amazon.
Fire TV Stick
- Take out the Fire TV Stick from the TV.
- Let it remain in this state for some time.
- Establish a connection between your Fire TV to your TV.
- Power it on and then stream Amazon Prime content.
5. Update the streaming application
If you haven’t updated your app for a long time, you may face the Amazon Prime error code 9345. So, look for pending updates and install them.
- Head to the ‘chrome://settings/help’ in your Chrome browser.
- It will automatically run a check for updates.
- Alternatively, tap the ‘Menu’ icon followed by ‘Help.’
- Now, tap ‘About Google Chrome.’
- On the Firefox browser, tap the ‘Menu’ icon.
- Tap ‘Help’ followed by ‘About Firefox.’
- Now check for updates.
- Fire tablet devices
- Access ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Device options.’
- Now click ‘System updates’ followed by ‘Updates: Check now.’
- Fire TV
- Access the Settings menu and choose ‘My Fire TV.’
- Now, choose ‘About’ followed by ‘Check for a system update.’
6. Reinstall the Amazon Prime application
A corrupt cache in the Amazon Prime application can also cause error code 9345. When you reinstall the app, it will eliminate this unusual cache. These are the steps to reinstall the application on your mobile phone.
- Firstly, head to ‘Settings.’
- Now, locate ‘Apps and features.’
- Open this option.
- Next, open the Amazon Prime app.
- Tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- After the app uninstalls, head over to the Play Store.
- Here, look for Amazon Prime.
- When you find it, install it.
- After installing, open the app.
- Play any video.
- Hopefully, you will not notice the error.
The error code 9345 occurs mainly due to connection problems, a glitch in the app, or issues related to payment. These measures will help you get past this problem and stream your favorite shows. You can also contact DigitechAssist experts if you want to know more about Amazon Prime-related errors.